"Nano Letter Bag", Patent black, Handmade shoulder bag
Free interpretation of a missive from Madame de Sévigné to her daughter, Madame de Grignan:
"Paris, Monday, February 2, 1671.
Since you absolutely want us to return your little box, here it is. I conjure you to preserve and to receive, as tenderly as I give it to you, a little present which I intended for you a long time ago. I reworked its dimensions with pleasure, in the thought that you will keep it all your life. I implore you, my dear good, and that I never see him in other hands than yours. May he remind you of me and of the excessive tenderness I have for you, and by how many things I would like to be able to show it on all occasions, whatever you may believe about it. »
When I discovered this letter, I was struck by the weight of the verb, the pressure of the writing, the intensity of the reading.
How can a letter from 1671, in a collection from 1923, evoke so many things for me?
Whether it is the beauty of this obsolete gesture which is to write to the Other, or the time spent thinking of the Other and formulating our most precious words to him. I find in this lost gesture a resonance that inspires me.
However, there is a particular asymmetry in these epistolary relationships. The anachronism of reading, a softness, a femininity...
Starting point for me and for this piece inspired by the universe of Correspondances.
In its Nano version, I also reworked the dimensions of the subtle and refined "Letter Bag".
Like a jewel case, it will only carry your most precious secrets.
It will suit any occasion, thanks to its beautiful finishes, its luminous edge dyeing and its adjustable shoulder strap.
The asymmetry of its flap and its quilted topstitching make it a creative, inspired and inspiring piece. Has your feathers !
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 12 cm x 5 cm (length x height x width) / 7.5 x 4.75 x 2 inches (length x height x width).
- Shoulder strap adjustable from 90 cm to 102 cm / 35.45 to 40.2 inches.
- Material: patent calfskin.
- Interior: 100% cotton and smooth calfskin lining.
- Silver hardware, inside patch pockets x2.
- Closing with engraved metal clasp.
- Origin of the leathers: France (patent calfskin and smooth calfskin)
- Manufactured to order (manufacturing time: between 5 and 10 days + postal delivery times).